Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Worth a Thousand Words..

The following are random pictures taken in the company of Bint and I decided to share it with you guys..These pictures give you a glimpse of a place which I call my first home..Calreton University...

THE STAIRS... We are surrounded by stairs and walkways and tunnels in our Uni..It is a shock to me that I havent lost weight..I mean all we do is walk..Or in my case run from one class to another...
**sighs**The art..Its too much for me to handle..This is our unicentre..According to current rumours they are building a galleria with ceiling to floor windows..I think they are building an insane asylum..We sorely need it..

This here ladies and lovely gentalmen is my second home..If ever I am needed and unattainable by phone..Please stop by the math and stats tutorial room and I will most likely be there torturing some poor forsaken TA... The winding neverending tunnels towards nothingness..This is what we see as we hurry oh so enthusasticly to our classes..They made it supposedly to shelter us from the elements of canada's winter..However I have another theory..They were built so when aliens come to earth in the very near future we are all trapped under ground, for easy access..So they can suck out our brillant minds and unravel the human mysteries..

Ahhh the torture chamber..When Carleton University was established in 1942 the Board of Directors needed a place to put all those students who havent paid thier tuition fees..Voila..Thus the creation a toture chamber that has now been converted to a stairwell..Imagine going up for flights of stairs like the above..Imagine you are going in rush hour traffic..You are slammed against the wall and your lovely outfit is ruined and your arm is scratched..

Tulips..Ottawa is sprinkled with plenty of them this time of year..The story goes that we gave shelter to a Netherland Princess during world war2 and so as gesture of thanks to our charming hospitality the Holland goverment has sent Tulip bulb to the canadian captial each year..I think that was the story..Go google it or something :P

This is the view I see from my stat's prof's office..Yes I am there very often...and no it hans't improved my marks :P

16 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

AHHHHHHH MY LOVELY CU!!!


dude..elmafrooth you make us proud, not take pics of the bloody tunnels that look like hell! LIBRARY! no one has a nicer library then us :D or the court garden place infront of the library..i DEMAND MORE DECENT PICS!

but im glad u included are lovely river :D why wasnt i invited on this pic-taking adventure? is this today before i showed up ;/

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL...

Lilac,you forgot to say something about the first pic(the stairs).

o.k i'll say it. This is where she tumbled down... lol. i'm so evil. hehe..Oh isn't also the same place where rajuu smiled at me???

omg... the tunnels look creepy in the picture. I can't believe I walked in there today.. lol.

lol @ torture chambers...

Next time show them better pictures than these. feshlah.lol.

11:14 PM  
Blogger LiLaCs said...

Faitho--the raw truth of CU..Beauty darlin faith is in the eye of the beholder..Contrary to popular beliefs I think our seemingly tasteless corridors,stairs and tunnels have a certian sex appeal..Dont ya think?;)

Bint said you cant come with us..She said you had a non artistic eye and would not understand the depth of this pic taking adventure..She said you had no taste..Oh decent pics eh? Alright..EVERYONE STAY TOONED FOR AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW AND PIC SESSION WITH THE ONE THE ONLY FAITHOOO..Ill take pics of those shoes you love soo much ;)

Bintoooo--Yes ladies and guys I did tumble down those lovely stairs..It was quite a tumble..And yes bint that was where raju made his love connection with you..Do I hear wedding bells?

I was sooo proud of you for walking in those tunnels without fainting!!Next time I will take pics of the speices we have at school;)I need a cam for this..

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol it looks like a morgue there :|

6:48 AM  
Blogger jiji said...

sweeeeetieee!! allah y3eenich 3ala ur horribly designed univ! lool u gave me an idea for my next post ;p ill take pics of my univ ;p old and new.. bs i wont go deep into the morgue and stuff.. only the kashkha parts.. probably on poster day...!!! when the final grading takes place..

like the views.. beats our skool`s views.. which is overlookin the 4th ring road.. altho we have some nice landscapin..

*jiji doesnt know if she hates her skool or loves it*

7:03 AM  
Blogger LiLaCs said...

skunk--Welcome!!!!Oooooooh morgue!!Good word!! Just what I was looking for...

Jiji--We do have some nice places..I just took pictures of all the ugly places..And we are surrounded by not only the Rideau river..But also the gorgous Rideau canal..next post Ill post up the pics..

**lilacs knows jiji position..suggests a love hate relationship;)**

11:22 AM  
Blogger Dakhtour said...

Not that bad university... Actually it suits you ;p

11:54 AM  
Blogger LiLaCs said...

Zizo--why thank you!!That is why I chose it over Ottawa U..I thought the ruggedness and sheer rawness combined with the mismatched pieces suited my need for a lare that was dark and forboding ;)Really zizo you understand me soooo well;)

11:55 AM  
Blogger jiji said...

-lilacs: can u email me the name of ur skool.. and their emails? like if they have a graduate prog or sumthin? cuz id like to persue my studies in "Radiopharmaceuticals"... or even like the link to their main web page :).. ill be thankful :>

12:08 PM  
Blogger LiLaCs said...

Jiiiijiii my pleasure... Im on my way there right now..go to www.carleton.ca..theres a list of graduate programs..However I think you will have better luck with Ottawa U rather then Carleton..Cause Carleton is more engineering..So go to www.uottawa.ca..Ill email you with more school names in Ontario but outside of ottawa..

12:45 PM  
Blogger LiLaCs said...

Dreamer--habibi thats the point..Its called artistic expression..Im trying to show the depressing part of the uni in order to allow you the dear public to understand and perhaps sympathise with us who are trapped in there for the better part of your lives..The quality of the pics is terrific **pouts insulted**

2:50 PM  
Blogger Shwaish said...

ohh it is kinda depressing why!!! is it the cardinal rule of colleges!! and i loved the tulips hehe and the river

4:32 PM  
Blogger jiji said...

thanx hun! gosh ur sooo sweeeet :*

5:44 PM  
Blogger Sedna said...

Scary.

6:49 PM  
Blogger LiLaCs said...

Sparkling Princess--Lol I took the worst looking parts of the uni to prove my point:P

Jiji--Dont go calling me sweet..I have a rep to keep ;)

Sedno--It is isnt it? muwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa**cough**

sweets--check out the website..Carleton is a fake..Lol Agian the worst parts of the school was taken..Wait for next weeks update on the pics and see how ya like it ;)

8:50 PM  
Blogger jiji said...

;p

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home